Ashley Bowman is an experienced litigator and trial attorney familiar with both federal and California practice. Her practice focuses primarily on civil litigation, helping a broad range of clients from large corporate entities to individual executives identify, design, and achieve the solution that best meets their goals—regardless of whether that calls for a two-week jury trial or a pre-litigation resolution. Ashley’s experience includes commercial contract disputes, consumer enforcement actions, and executive separation matters. She has also handled a number of internal investigations and civil enforcement actions.
A seasoned litigator, Ashley has dedicated her career to handling complex commercial civil litigation cases and has particular expertise in navigating and negotiating executive compensation matters. She has represented numerous clients spanning different industries, including cosmetic corporations, fintech companies, individuals and organizations in the entertainment industry, and lawyers and law firms, among others.
Ashley’s diverse legal practice provides her with the expertise to successfully and holistically approach new cases. Drawing from her experience in complex commercial litigation and white collar defense, she is one of the few attorneys in the nation who is well-versed in both areas to provide clients with top notch representation for those defending against dual civil and criminal allegations.
In addition, Ashley has extensive and broad experience in entertainment-related matters, working with some of the most well-known and well-respected actors, writers, and producers in Hollywood.
Some of Ashley’s recent representative matters include:
- Resolving a multiparty construction defect case for a Fortune 100 company
- Resolving putative consumer class action suits for several companies in the cosmetics/personal care industry
- Successfully represented a large California healthcare company involving a whistleblower action
- Settled a contract dispute for a major Korean food conglomerate
- Handled an internal investigation for a Military Sealift Command (MSC) defense contractor
- Won a federal jury trial on behalf of KST Data, Inc. in a breach of contract and implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing suit
- Obtained dismissal of felony charges on behalf of an individual in connection with allegations brought by the California Attorney General involving the California Mortgage Relief Program
- Obtained recovery of tens of millions of dollars in cash and valuables on behalf of scores of clients in the US Private Vaults seizure matter
Prior to joining Bird Marella, Ashley was an attorney in the Century City office of O’Melveny & Myers, LLP where she was a member of the Business Trial and Litigation practice group. She has impressive volunteer experience with civil rights organizations, the public defender’s office, and a pro bono firm’s immigration department.